With an increasingly violate political climate, the case can be made that voting should be mandatory. There are points to both sides. One side believes that a country is only as strong as it’s citizens. That means they participate in the government on both a local and federal level.
Level: Intermediate: B1/B2
Running Time: 90 minutes +
This free lesson plan is suitable for adults, teenagers, and General English classes. Each plan includes:
- A debate motion
- A summary of the controversy
- Points for both Pros and Cons
- Language to use in a debate
- Debate role cards to help identify student groups
- An article
- Statistics (true or false exercise)
- Vocab for the topic
For more information on how to use this in the classroom, please have a look at our detailed post on using free lesson plans.