Exotic pet ownership is on the rise and presents a multitude of problems. Exotic pets should be left to professional handlers and zoo keepers and organisations that have the training, expertise and licenses to maintain and care for these animals.
Level: Intermediate: B1/B2
Running Time: 90 minutes +
This free lesson plan is suitable for adults, teenagers, and General English classes. Each plan includes:
- A debate motion
- A summary of the controversy
- Points for both Pros and Cons
- Language to use in a debate
- Debate role cards to help identify student groups
- An article
- Statistics (true or false exercise)
- Vocab for the topic
For more information on how to use this in the classroom, please have a look at our detailed post on using free lesson plans.
Exotic pet ownership should be restricted